LATEST: The Last Will of Moira Leahy will be published in trade paperback on 8/3/10, and was recently chosen as a TARGET Breakout Book.
“Walsh’s debut seamlessly weaves together past and present.
This tender tale of sisterhood, self-discovery, and forgiveness will captivate fans of contemporary women’s fiction.”
- Library Journal
“One of the really delicious things about Therese Walsh’s debut novel is that it pushes through to new ground. And even while you are swept away in Walsh’s carefully crafted and constructed story of magic and acceptance and loss,
you are aware that you’ve never traveled this way before...
It is difficult -- impossible -- to capture that magic in these few words.
Nor is it possible to compare it to anything else: Walsh has found her way here alone.
The Last Will of Moira Leahy is a wonderful book. Well crafted, beautifully told. A star is born.”
- January Magazine
“Therese Walsh’s strange, fascinating novel of psychological suspense is suffused with the supernatural.
(It's) an imaginative exploration of the bond between twins.”
-The Boston Globe
“Mystery, romance and historical elements blend together in this captivating debut. The magical adventure will take readers on a journey of the heart... Walsh weaves an enchanting, poignant and enthralling tale.”
- Romantic Times Book Reviews
“A well-told and very entertaining read . . . [a] unique story by a very promising writer.”
- Sacramento Book Review
“Walsh’s debut is a magical, involving journey, one that mixes a compelling mystery from the past
with a suspenseful search in the present.”
“Moira’s confused emotions—envy, guilt, passion and regret as she deceives the boy she loves and usurps her sister’s place—
are delineated with heart-wrenching believability.”
- Kirkus Reviews
“Walsh's satisfying novel follows Maeve Leahy, a brilliant young professor, in her pursuit for answers about her family and herself.
[She] ably shifts between Maeve's current quest and flashbacks showing the twins as children, revealing little by little the story behind Maeve's grief. . . . [A] pleasing blend of mystery, romance and the supernatural.”
- Publishers Weekly
“The Last Will of Moira Leahy is haunting, exotic and romantic—the way Gothic tales are romantic, wrapped in luscious, dark atmosphere. It's a magical debut and I can't wait for more from Therese Walsh. She's one to watch.”
- Sarah Addison Allen, New York Times bestselling author of Garden Spells
“A hauntingly beautiful story about grief, the language of twins, and the healing power of a bond that is stronger than death.
The characters of Moira and Maeve will linger long after you finish this amazing first novel.”
- Brunonia Barry, New York Times and internationally bestselling author of The Lace Reader
“An original, intriguing tale about the ways that love can break us or bind us, and the triumph of the spirit that's possible only through letting go.”
- Therese Fowler, author of Souvenir
“The Last Will of Moira Leahy by Therese Walsh is a richly conceived tale that weaves mystery, romance, adventure and self-discovery into one beautiful package. Moira's story from years before appears tucked in between Maeve's narrative in the present.
The twins' inseparable bond is both a comfort and a burden to them as they learn to find their own talents.
[A]ppropriate for book clubs with girls aged 15 and over. Highly recommended.”
- Cindy Hudson, author of Book by Book: The Complete Guide to Creating Mother-Daughter Book Clubs
“Is there anything more worthwhile than being taken by the hand by a true and gifted storyteller and shown a world that is at once mysterious, mesmerizing and filled with characters who deeply touch your heart? A dark psychological tale of secrets and betrayal, suspense and passion, The Last Will is a book that makes you forget everything and just spend the rest of the day and night reading. Like Rebecca, this is a tale so well told that it keeps you in its grip and doesn't let go, haunting you long after you've turned the last page. If it were written by a seasoned novelist, The Last Will would be a feat. That it is a debut makes it all the more amazing. Bravo!”
- M.J. Rose, international bestseller, author of The Memorist
“Tender and transcendent, The Last Will of Moira Leahy is a captivating look at the truths we conceal, the scars we bear, and the journeys we all must take in order to find our way back home, back to ourselves. I loved every magical page.”
- Allison Winn Scotch, New York Times bestselling author of Time of My Life
“This book made me want to ignore my work and neglect my children. The Last Will of Moira Leahy offers an irresistible combination of mystery, romance, psychological complexity, and lovely writing. I devoured it.”
- Leah Stewart, author of The Myth of You and Me
- The Last Will of Moira Leahy is named a TARGET Breakout Book.
- A Facebook fan page for The Last Will of Moira Leahy is created.
- The Last Will of Moira Leahy becomes a RITA finalist in RWA's Best First Book category, 2010.
- January Magazine named The Last Will of Moira Leahy one of the best fiction books of 2009.
- The first lines of The Last Will of Moira Leahy are published in the Sunday edition (10/25) of The Denver Post.
- Large print rights to The Last Will of Moira Leahy are purchased by Thorndike.
- The Last Will of Moira Leahy is published on October 13th, and positively reviewed in The Boston Globe.
- The Last Will of Moira Leahy is featured, along with other fall picks, on Library Journal's Falling Into Bounty list.
- Reviews for The Last Will of Moira Leahy start to appear, including these from Publishers Weekly and Library Journal.
- Agent Sarah Self with
the Gersh Agency represents The Last Will of Moira Leahy's film rights.
BARNES & NOBLE
DOUBLE UP BOOKS